Courtesy of Penille Powell, Certified Advanced Doula, Independent Childbirth Educator, Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Story Healer
Happy New Year Everyone. New year, new beginnings for some….For those who will be a new mother in the new year (including Yin Health Founder, Tsu Shan), I thought I’d provide some quick tips on how to create a positive birthing experience:
1. Investigate your birth options plus models of care available and shop around for a caregiver with similar values to you.
2. Do an independent Childbirth Education class, who is not attached to your birth place.
3. Hire a support person, either a doula or a private midwife
4. Look after yourself, physically and emotionally
5. Get support to deal with ‘left overs’ from previous births
Have a wonderful 2013!